2023 JRS - UCSI University Funding Plan
UCSI University Funding Plan 2023
UCSI Research Excellence and Innovation Grant (REIG) for SATU Joint Research Scheme (JRS)
- UCSI University provides financial support for Joint Research Scheme (JRS) Projects hosted by UCSI University Principal Investigators (PIs) with Co-PI from SATU member universities outside of Malaysia. The maximum funding quantum is RM 20,000 per project and all applications will be subjected to an internal evaluation process.
- To foster research collaborations between UCSI and SATU member universities.
- To promote international visibility and research culture in UCSI University.
2. Eligibility for PI
- UCSI University (PI) 1. Full time permanent or contract academic staff of UCSI University. 2. The project should be matched with at least one Co-PI from SATU member universities (outside Malaysia)
- Matched projects with Co-PI from SATU member universities outside Taiwan
3. Research fields
- Pure and Applied Sciences
- Technology and Engineering
- Clinical and Health Sciences
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Arts and Applied Arts
- Natural and Cultural Heritage
- Information and Communication Technologyuniversities
4. Terms and conditions
- UCSI University, as the research funding body and employer, reserves the legal right to be recognized as the owner of all Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) resulting from the research and should be acknowledged as such in all reports and publications.
- The research project must be completed within 24 months. Application for an extension of up to 6 months may be considered after careful evaluation by an appointed panel on the progress of the project.
- The management of each research project and funding utilization is subjected to the Malaysian Code of Responsible Conduct in Research (MCRCR), and UCSI University’s Research and Development Policy.
- At least one publication in a SCOPUS/WOS indexed journal, or at least one product of creative output (in the form of IP including patent filing, copyright, trademark, etc.), book or book chapter, product, performance, project) for arts and/or applied arts projects is required to be produced at the end of each funded project.
5. Financial support
- The funding can be utilized for the following categories which are directly related to the project:
Submissions and enquiries can be made via e-mail to: Centre of Excellence for Research, Value Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CERVIE), UCSI University