2015 NCKU-ICID Ph.D. Scholarship for
SATU Presidents' Forum Members
Application deadline for Fall Semester 2015: March 30, 2015
The NCKU-ICID Ph.D. Scholarship awards outstanding international students from SATU Presidents’ Forum members undertaking the doctoral studies in Institute of Creative Industry Design (ICID) at NCKU for Fall Semester 2015.
- Available Field of Study in ICID:
- Brand & Marketing Planning Group
- Media & Interaction Design Group
- Industry & Service Innovation Group
- The scholarship is awarded annually to one student in each supervisor group.
- The amount of the scholarships will vary, with the maximum monthly stipend of NTD$30, 000 (approximately US $1,000) lasting for one academic year with voluntary TA/AA/RA service supervised by ICID. Recipients are responsible for other expenses including the tuition and credits fees.
- Award period begins annually on September 1 and continues until August 31 of the following year.
- The scholarship can be renewed annually for a maximum of four academic years with due evaluation by the NCKU committee.
- New students to NCKU-ICID:
- Applicants should upload an official recommendation letter by the SATU residents' Forum Member University to complete the application process online at http://admissions.oia.ncku.edu.tw which ends up at March 30, 2015 for Fall Semester 2015.
- Remember to check the “NCKU-ICID Ph.D. Scholarship for SATU Presidents' Forum Members” option under the “Financial Support” when applying online to declare the scholarship application. The award information will be mailed along with the admission letter from NCKU.
- Continuing Students in NCKU-ICID: Continuing students must apply for the “NCKU Distinguished International Student Scholarship” in the next academic year and follow all its requirements for deadlines and other related business.
- Mission of Scholarship Recipients:
Recipients of the scholarship are regarded as bridges with institutes of higher education in South and Southeast Asia. Recipients are expected to assist with the facilitation of SATU affairs on the research level.
- Other Regulations and Important Notes:
- Regulations not specified in this announcement will conform to that of “NCKU Distinguished International Student Scholarship.”
- Recipients must arrive in Taiwan and complete the enrollment procedure at NCKU in due course unless delays have been approved. If recipients fail to arrive at NCKU for registration, their scholarships will be revoked with no deferrals.